Is it ironic that Banana cakes are one of, if not my favorites, yet I cannot stand the taste of Banana in its original form? I have tried to like it but ummm, I’m not just that into it.
So I have had this foolproof banana cake recipe that has been serving me for years. If it’s not broken, don’t fix it right? I tell you it is so easy, yet so delectable. Not one person that I have made it for didn’t fall in love with it. It is that good!
So this beautiful morning, I found I had bananas in the fridge that had been there for over a week!
Someone say overripe! Just perfect for a perfect banana cake.
I wanted an added touch to it so I decided to add oats to it and tweak the recipe a bit.
And I had no regrets! It was beautiful, it tasted beautiful and I ate half of it in one sitting. Nothing like a good banana cake with a cup of coffee.
I felt good, I still feel good and I will feel good tomorrow after I have it with my cup of coffee for breakfast.
Now what is left is for me to go buy a skipping rope. I sure will be needing one.
So here goes…
Banana Oatmeal Cake
Makes: 6 inch
Serves: 1 or 2 Banana cake monsters
Flour – 1 cup
Oats – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1/4 cup
Overripe Banana – 3
Eggs – 3
Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
White sugar – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 tablespoon
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
– Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4
– In a bowl, mash bananas and add oil and eggs to it and mix until well blended.
– Mix together dry ingredients – use just 1/4 cups of oats.
– Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
– Grease baking dish/pan. Pour batter into it and sprinkle the rest 1/4 cup of oats on it.
– Bake for 35 minutes.
Playing with food!